ROLE - AUTOMATION ENGINEER
The Automation Engineer, reporting to the Manager of Manufacturing Technology, is accountable for designing, developing, installing, and commissioning automated systems for both new and existing equipment in the Composite Systems division. Effective collaboration with external integrators is essential. Leveraging experience, you will determine impactful automation projects, prioritizing safety, and upholding engineering standards, to lead change through the MOC process. The job holder will require a strategic approach to project selection and management.
The position qualifies for a hybrid remote work schedule and will involve occasional travel, typically up to 20% of the time, within North America.
- 10 - 15 days’ vacation
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Annual bonus
- On-site parking
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify, propose, and select automation initiatives aligned with the strategic plan.
- Supervise design activities for alignment with project goals, emphasizing continuous re-orientation.
- Prepare and stamp automation system designs and specifications complying with applicable codes and accepted engineering and safety standards; Provide team and department leadership towards the design for ergonomics, design for safety, and design for UX.
- Supervise installation activities to ensure compliance with project management process
- Automation system functional testing, debugging and commissioning activities
- Prepare and lead project proposals, project charters, cost estimates and execution plans in support of capital projects. Assist with project status and cost control reporting
- Ensure adherence to project scope, cost and schedule requirements.
- Functional safety design, testing, verification, documentation and reviewing
- Spec and buy equipment review, cost estimates and modification as required
- Lead engineering risk assessment activities for projects and equipment
- Support project feasibility assessment, capital project identification, and coordination with project owners.
- Assist in prioritizing and strategizing capital projects for automation in alignment with company goals.
- Maintain a safe and efficient work environment, including safety culture, equipment, and documentation support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering in Automation/ Automation Engineering
- CET or greater (or equivalent) in local jurisdiction
- Minimum 5 years experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment performing design and commissioning activities.
- Proficiency in the design and implementation of industrial automation solutions.
- Strong skills in process analysis and problem identification.
- Proven expertise in testing, verification, and commissioning of automation systems.
- Experience with manufacturing equipment automation.
- Broad application knowledge of automation system technologies including HMI and PLC Programming/VFD selection integration and programming/ Servo controllers/ Measurement transducers encoders and monitors/ Data collection and analysis/ Systems networking
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Do you have a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering in Automation/ Automation Engineering?
- Do you have experience with automation system technologies as listed in the job posting?
Work Location: In person