Fifth Dimension AI is ushering in a golden age of work, where boring tasks are automated away, the right data are always at your fingertips, and maximal creativity is encouraged. We’re an early stage start-up with ample runway, backed by Tier 1 European and American investors.
The founders, Johnny Morris and Dr. Kate Jarvis, are both data nerds. But that’s not all! Johnny’s got 16 years’ experience applying data and analytics to Real Estate, our GTM niche, and Kate’s got a PhD in Linguistics from Stanford and 12 years’ CPTOing across Silicon Valley and London startups. We're demanding, excitable, encouraging of experimentation, adoring of bad puns, and have built our business on a foundation of compassion and kind challenge.
Sound like your cup of tea (or coffee)?
We’re now hiring for a scrappy, high energy, LLM-obsessed Founding Engineer.
We’ve got a Beta product that’s been rolled out in multinational real estate businesses. We call our AI Ellie, and she lives in email, reading email body text and PDF attachments, and replying in beautifully-formatted HTML (well, at least some of the time). ️ Our first Founding Engineer just started, and is already beefing up Ellie.
But we need more firepower in order to take this rocket ship to the moon We're looking for someone with expertise in Python and an unhealthy enthusiasm for Langchain, LLMFlows, or another Python LLM library of your choice! If you’ve recently spent personal time playing around with Google Vertex AI while The Witcher plays in the background, you just might be the perfect fit for us.
More on the role
Reporting into Johnny Morris, you’ll be spending your time turning our duct-taped Beta into a user-friendly, high-functioning AI built on proprietary buy side and sell side Real Estate data — then proprietary data from other industries, like art.
Day to day, you might…
- Implement retrieval augmentation via Langchain, such that Ellie can access and surface customers’ own internal research databases and public EPC ratings
- Beef up our prompt classification system to better automate current and future customers’ workflows by easily recognising when someone wants to interrogate a local market report instead of summarising a 100-page transcript of a construction technology conference
- Automate the data collection process we run with our customers before a kick-off meeting, in order to fine-tune our LLMs, implement the right prompt engineering for those customers, and help build out our own small language models
- Work with the team to ensure data privacy by design
What we're looking for
Startup experience is required. If you're looking to make a move from a big business to the head-spinning world of VC-backed startups, we salute you But this isn't the role for you We've just closed our Pre-Seed Round, have a team of 2 co-founders, 2 full-time employees, and 2 fractional employees so far, and we need someone who can hit the ground running ️
We also need you to have owned end-to-end product development before. Data science experience is a plus, but it's more important to us that you've defined and shipped product features yourself. ️
An awareness of the commercials of the business is a must. Continually delivering value to our existing customers, so they continue to buy more user seats from us and spread The Good Word about our product, is super important.
Finally, we want you to stay close to your teammates. We’re delivering product into industries that have been traditionally hard to digitise and to modernise, a fact that needs to inform the User Experience. So if you don’t like talking to people, this isn’t the job for you. On the other hand, if you only like talking to people, this also isn’t the job for you
What we offer you
- £90,000-£110,000 salary per annum
- Significant equity (on a standard vesting schedule)
- A shiny new laptop and budget for other gear of your liking
- An opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies ️
- An opportunity to wear many hats, and grow with the business
- Submit your CV and cover letter, along with answers to the handful of questions we ask of every candidate
- A brief call with one of our co-founders to explore initial fit
- A short, take-home technical test
- A one-hour interview with Johnny Morris
- A final culture fit chat with Kate Jarvis
This can all happen in a fortnight, if needs be. We can move quickly for the right person.