Enterprise Engineering is looking for Systems Engineers. Our customers are Facebook’s employees, and we support the systems they rely on to keep the business growing and information safe. We use a combination of open source and off-the-shelf technologies, plus many of the tools developed to run Facebook. You will be responsible for growing the Linux environment by solving configuration, authentication, and infrastructure problems at scale.
- Build, scale, and secure Facebook’s corporate infrastructure, focusing specifically on the Linux environment
- Combine open-source and commercial technologies to build services that will have an impact on the business
- Work in a heterogeneous environment containing diverse operating systems and applications, and make them work well together
- Apply modern engineering methodologies such as infrastructure as code, Linux container orchestration, and software-defined storage to scale Facebook's rapidly growing Enterprise infrastructure
- Find ways to leverage the scale and complexity of the larger Facebook infrastructure to solve problems for Enterprise customers
- Be the final escalation point for issues related to Enterprise Linux systems
- Produce systems that are scalable, automated, and well-documented, and train others to take on operations
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years system administration experience working in a Linux environment
- 5+ years experience in shell scripting
- 5+ years experience coding in at least one of the following languages: PHP, Ruby, Python, or Go
- 5+ years experience working with monitoring and configuration management tools such as Puppet and Chef
- Experience supporting configuration management in a multi-region environment
- Experience building services
- Experience building PaaS or internal clouds
- Experience with job schedulers (Kubernetes, Slurm, etc)
- MS in Computer Science
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. Please note that Meta may leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in connection with applications for employment.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.