The Senior AI Scientist will work in teams addressing statistical, machine learning and data understanding problems in a commercial technology and collaborative development environment. In this role, you will contribute to the development and deployment of modern machine learning methods for finding structure in large healthcare data sets.
At GE HealthCare, we are committed to bringing AI and cloud-based solutions for our customers: all aspects of computing services across the cloud and edge – including advanced analytics, visualization, multi-modal learning, servers, databases, storage, networking, analytics, software, intelligence are delivered over the Internet. Our Science & Technology organization is harnessing the power of technology to make healthcare more precise, more personalized, and more accessible for everyone. From driving the overall clinical research and patient-centric innovation strategy to delivering new digital and machine learning capabilities - we’re committed to leading digital transformation, improving outcomes for patients and providers, and creating a world where healthcare has no limits. To find out more, visit: https://jobs.gecareers.com/science-technology
Are you passionate about using AI to transform healthcare? We are looking for a highly motivated individual, passionate about foundational AI models to join the newly formed GE Healthcare AI group. As the Senior AI Scientist, you will focus on exciting generative vision, text, speech, time-series, and multi-modal problems related to segmentation, object detection, large-scale generative models, large-scale pretraining, prompt tuning, distillation, robustness, responsible AI, quantization, etc.
Additionally, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing novel machine learning algorithms particularly in the area of LLM to provide automation of clinical tasks using one or more of medical images, electronic medical records, waveforms, and clinical reports.
- Demonstrating algorithms to meet accuracy requirements on general subject population through statistical analyses and error estimation.
- Exploring learning from human feedback and assisting humans evaluating AI.
- Building prototypes to enable development of high-performance AI algorithms in scalable, product-ready code.
- Working with large-scale datasets, designing, and developing generative algorithms.
- Staying current on published state-of-the-art algorithms and competing technologies.
- Master’s Degree in a “STEM” major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) or equivalent field plus 3 years AI development for industrial applications in a commercial setting OR Ph.D. in a “STEM” major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) or equivalent field plus 1 year AI development for industrial applications in a commercial setting.
- Publications as first author on LLM/Foundational/Multimodal models or self supervised learning (SSL).
- Demonstrated expertise in building large scale AI such as generative AI models, large vision/language models, and multi-modal AI models for problems related to segmentation, detection, quantification, measurements, classification, etc.
- Implementation experience with a variety of high-level languages (e.g. Python, C++)
- Experience with high-dimensional imaging data and waveform/time-series data.
- Experience and demonstrated capability to handle challenges with vague or abstract problem definition.
- Experience with frameworks and tools such as DeepSpeed, HuggingFace, Megatron, PyTorch lightning, etc.
- Experience with various MLOps, ModelOps, FMOps (Foundation Model Ops) methods.
- Experience working with large scale AI training.
- An in-depth understanding of machine learning algorithms and modeling (e.g., semi-supervised or weakly supervised learning, generative models, transfer learning, optimization, large language models, etc.)
- Track record in developing machine learning solutions using massive real-world data for solving real world business problems.
- In depth experience with Spark/Hadoop and either PyTorch/Tensorflow
- Experience creating production environment data analytics and applications
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
- While GEHC does not currently require U.S. employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, some GEHC customers have vaccination mandates that may apply to certain GEHC employees.
- Must be willing to travel to attend meetings, workshops, conferences & etc.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in San Ramon, CA or the greater Seattle Area.
GE Healthcare teams are based in the US (San Ramon, Seattle), France, Israel (Tel Aviv), and India (Bangalore). This gives us several core overlap hours for shared meetings.
Our team also puts a significant value on work-life balance. Having a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We don’t focus on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
We maintain diverse engineering, and leadership perspectives and backgrounds across technology and beyond. Our employees are excited to share their experiences and mentor more junior engineers. Team members are highly encouraged to set up mentorship relationships with seasoned engineers, not only in our team, but also across the broader GE Healthcare population.
The salary range for this position is $147,200 - $249,600 base. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for a performance bonus. Available benefits include health, welfare, retirement and paid leave.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration, and support.
Here at GEHC, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have many employee-led affinity groups, innovative benefit offerings, and encourage ongoing learning experiences. We expect all employees to live and breathe our behaviors: to act with humility and build trust; lead with transparency; deliver with focus, and drive ownership – always with unyielding integrity.
At GE HealthCare (NASDAQ: GEHC), we see possibilities through innovation. We’re partnering with our customers to fulfill healthcare’s greatest potential through groundbreaking medical technology, intelligent devices, and care solutions. Better tools enabling better patient care. Together, we are not only building a healthier future but living our purpose to create a world where healthcare has no limits.
GE HealthCare offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes