About the Role
As an API Developer, you will help design and build ways to extend CobbleStone’s contract management software to other web services and applications. This role will be part of the API team and will work closely with System Analysts and stakeholders. You will be responsible for analyzing complex business problems and implementing solutions that will support and enhance the functionality of our premier software solution.
· BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience designing Machine Learning (ML) systems
· Must have experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP)
· Ensure that deployed software is scalable and reliable
· Ability to interpret system / business requirements and prepare specification and design documentation
· Familiar with modern technology and architecture (cloud, virtualization, object stores, etc.), as well as with SDLC tools and agile development methodology
· Experience researching and implementing ML algorithms and tools
· Demonstrated ability to perform statistical analysis and verify data quality
· Experience running machine learning tests and using results to improve models
· Experience (re)training systems as needed
· Must have experience writing/creating user and technical documentation for projects
· Must have experience/knowledge building applications with MVC.
· Application Development work in Agile environment preferred
· Solid application design, coding, testing, maintenance and debugging skills
· Provide ongoing business support to the users for the CRM platform
· Ability to develop reports, dashboards, and processes to continuously monitor data quality and integrity
· SDLC tools and agile development methodology
· Manage daily support escalation requests and conduct long-term improvement operations to ensure compatibility with evolving mission requirements
· Communicate with project managers, clients and other developers to design cohesive project strategies and ensure effective collaboration throughout all phases of development, testing and deployment
· Maintain a flexible and proactive work environment to facilitate a quick response to changing project requirements and customer objectives, and innovate ways to meet mission goals successfully
· Interact directly with clients, managers and end users as necessary to analyze project objectives and capability requirements
· Junior level position with approx 1-2 years experience as a developer or educational exposure to coding which encompasses the aforementioned required skills
· Expected to become familiar with the knowledge areas in their team
· Become effective at developing and checking in code for requirements, tasks; research and resolve technical issues, identify and fix bugs, and document all work
· Understand and adhere to company, team and department’s policies and procedures.
· Understand and work toward meeting the company’s mission and corporate goals, such as but not limited to: assist or perform duties related to customer acquisition, customer satisfaction, customer retention, risk mitigation, an/or cost savings.
· Understand your job duties and metrics; perform annual trainings as request by the company.
· Professionally manage duties, be on-time, detail tasks management, client feedback and suggestions.
· In-depth understanding of CobbleStone products and features as required by your specific role.
· Respond to internal and external related inquiries or requests and provide assistance to other staff members as required.
· Schedule calls, meetings, tasks, planning events, implementation, training, maintain the team’s agenda
· Work with CobbleStone team members, where necessary, to recommend solutions that support the company mission and goals.
· Take direction from management, directors, superiors, and others and provide advice in a professional manner.
· Track and report on metrics
· Professional communication and team interaction.
· When asked: assist and/or lead the mentoring other staff.
· Understand your roles job duties and metrics.
· Perform general office duties inclusive of answering phones, emails, meetings, and other related job duties.
· Retain strict confidentiality obligations of company policies and those if its clients; inclusive of not participating in or responding to surveys/questions or posting company/client/vendor/employee or non-public information on social media sites or other public sources.
· Maintain compliance with PTO and time-off policies, security policies, and comply with applicable laws, regulations, and client contract obligations; strive to schedule all time-off in advance and coordinated with manager and Human Resources.
· Be reliable, professional, and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
· Assist with meeting Companies goal of client revenue grow, client retention, profitability goals.
· May require travel, may required long period of time at a computer and other physical activities.
· Adhere to company policies and procedures.
· Assist with other duties assigned as required to achieve company’s mission
Founded in 1995, CobbleStone is the leading contract lifecycle management software that is trusted by thousands of users every day. The CobbleStone software is a United States government contractor and a leader with procurement, legal, and risk management software. To learn more about what we do, visit us online at www.cobblestonesoftware.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- ASP.NET: 2 years (Required)
- AI: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Clementon, NJ 08021