About The Chefs' Warehouse
The Chefs' Warehouse, Inc. (http://www.chefswarehouse.com) combines exceptional quality and brand building with broadline food service distribution for more than 35 years. With Protein, Specialty, Produce, and Broadline offerings, we service the most discerning chefs in a hybrid approach of convenience and superior quality. We introduce more than 2,000 artisan producers of the world’s finest ingredients from over 40 countries to the finest chefs in the world. We passionately consult, sell, and build relationships with more than 35,000 customers through the most experienced network of over 600 consultive sales associates, best-in-breed technology, rapid service, and support levels that solidify our long-standing ties to both established and up-and-coming premium restaurants.
The mission of The Chefs’ Warehouse is to provide the world’s greatest ingredients to the world’s best chefs.
Our C.H.E.F.S. Values:
Curious & Creative
Hungry For Food & Results
Forward Thinking & Flexible
Supportive (Of Peers & Chefs)
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join our team. A successful candidate will be responsible for quickly analyzing and interpreting data to help drive business decisions and will apply machine learning techniques to provide recommendations for improving our rapidly growing e-commerce platform.
What you’ll do:
- Interface with shareholders to understand the needs of the business and communicate insights to shareholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Build predictive models to investigate problems, detect patterns and recommend solutions.
- Own the flow of data from start to finish and provide recommendations to improve the company’s understanding and organization of data.
- 3+ years of experience working as a Data Analyst or Data Scientist, preferably in an e-commerce or related industry and Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as Statistics, Mathematics, or Computer Science.
- Strong knowledge of machine learning techniques and proficiency in Python, SQL, and other relevant programming languages.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain complex data concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s Degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, or Computer Science.
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques and their application to e-commerce use cases, including the ability to explain why a specific model was chosen and underlying math behind a model.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Looker Studio and/or Plotly.
The above job description is not an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid Vacations, Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental and Medical Benefits
- Weekly pay
- Life Insurance
- 5% above cost for our high-quality food products
- Employee discounts for travel and events
The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment. We are dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.