Reporting to the Head of Road Technology, we are looking for a national technical manager that will support the Higgins business across a range of activities including asphalt mix and pavement design programmes, providing support to our regionally based laboratories to ensure national standards and systems are maintained and our technical capability continues to advance.Key things;
- Innovation – design, materials and tendering
- Recycling and carbon reduction
- Risk management
- Innovation – design, materials tenders
- Support of our corridor maintenance contracts
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced leader ready for a new challenge or for someone who is looking for progression into a senior leadership role. You can be based anywhere nationwide, either from one of our Higgins locations or remotely (with travel required).Come Join The Green Team
What You’ll Bring To The Role
- Competitive Salary + Vehicle
- Senior Management role where you can develop and shape exceptional technical capability across the business
- Join a supportive team that treat each other like Whānau
- Ongoing training and development to help you reach your career goals
- Career development – opportunities to grow your career at Higgins and the wider Fletcher Building group
- Access to Fletchers Building Benefits Programme, including:
- A brand-new market-leading parental leave policy to ensure employees are well supported throughout one of life’s most significant events.
- FB employee share scheme, educational and welfare funds
- A significant portfolio of retail benefits across major NZ businesses such as ANZ, Z energy, PlaceMakers, Mico and Samsung.
- A tertiary qualification in Engineering (MIPENZ preferred)
- You will be technically competent in pavement design and asphalt mix design and
be confident in providing advice and solutions to the business.
- Prior experience in a laboratory testing environment and Asphalt Mix Design is sought after
- High level communication skills with the ability to enhance communication and build and maintain effective relationships
- A result focused, commercially astute outlook and a practical approach to problem solving
- You will be an experienced people leader or ready to take the next step into leadership
- Ability to travel when required across our Higgins regions
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.