We are an Australian technology company creating the future of mobility with software-defined driverless transport. To build this new future and respond to growing demand, we are on the hunt to employ fresh thinking, technical minds to join our dynamic team, where we will continue to innovate and thrive together.
Applied EV develops safety-rated, autonomous-ready, digital control systems (Digital Backbone) and modular vehicle platforms (Blanc Robot), for global commercial applications. We are developing the next generation of mobility, where vehicles run entirely on software and are programmable, improving efficiency & sustainability.
Applied EV creates an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for technology, automotive and innovation to explore our open positions and join our growing team.
Working closely with the Software Engineering team in Hungary & Australia, the Lead Software Engineer, and key internal stakeholders, analyse, document, coordinate, and oversee requirements regarding new software projects to achieve business objectives.
Duties & tasks include:
- From system requirements, and working with systems requirements engineers and subject matter experts, derive and refine software requirements to be implemented by the software development team
- Take ownership of your software requirements and ensure they are unambiguous and follow processes to refine and update where necessary. These requirements will be used and traced during design, implementation and testing phases. All requirements are to be completed and distributed to relevant stakeholders and adhere to the required quality processes and agreed standards
- Work in a professional cross-functional team environment to assist in the development of new products, from prototype through production
- Follow the safety-critical software development process and write software requirements for safety critical systems
- Deliver highly reliable embedded software for automotive spec. hardware, including battery management systems, motor drivers, body control and communications modules
Key Competencies And Skills
The ideal candidate for this position brings with them:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Electronics Engineering and/or Computer Science
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in software requirements development and/or quality engineering in the automotive and/or robotics industries
- Proficiency in Use Cases and/or Story Telling for requirements development
- Experience with building and coordinating traceability matrix. Extensive experience in quality planning and implementing quality gates for both products and processes
- A sound understanding of the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) through requirements, design, implementation, testing and support
- Experience with ASPICE/CMMI and exposure to ISO26262 are mandatory and experience with ISO14229, IEC61508 are highly regarded
- The ability to be a key member of a high performing team
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment dealing with complex and multiple tasks
- The ability to analyse problems and come up with innovative solutions
- The ability to be adaptable and flexible to business needs
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Fluency in written and verbal communication in English
- Existing full working rights for Australia
- Work at an exciting technology company within Australia and delivering globally, alongside a passionate team.
- Enjoy a strong sense of ownership of your field, with the satisfaction of working on developments that create the future of a new and growing class of electric vehicles in an established, dynamic and forward-thinking growing business.
- The opportunity to have ownership over your responsibilities.
- Work alongside a friendly and passionate team on cutting edge technology.
- In house barista with free barista coffee and free lunch provided daily.
- Mentorship by senior engineers from a variety of backgrounds and expertise.