Full-time & Permanent
Starting salary of 55,000 USD per annum
in a zero-tax environment (plus biannual performance-based bonuses)
Dubai, UAE (We provide visa sponsorship & relocation assistance)
About Cobblestone Energy
Cobblestone Energy is an energy trading company specialising in the Great Britain and European wholesale electricity markets. Founded in 2017, we are part of the next generation of companies defining the future of global commodity trading.
We make use of advanced data analytics and extensive research to drive profitable decision making, trading enough electricity every day to power a small country, and growing every day. In doing so, we help to balance the electricity grid, lowering the cost to end consumers, and aiding the transition to a renewable future. Technology and risk management form the backbone of our business.
At Cobblestone Energy, we are a diverse team of over 50 people from 20+ nationalities - we believe in hiring extraordinary talent from all around the world. Our flat organizational structure helps us in giving our team members complete ownership of the work and ensures ideas come from every level. We believe in providing unlimited growth opportunities to our people alongside constant feedback and support, which allows us to cover our vulnerabilities and grow as a team in new and interesting ways.
Over the years we have grown organically. In light of our further ambitions to be the best in all markets we enter, we would like to welcome talented Software Engineers into our Tech team who have just started their careers and are and looking to take up challenging tasks and being a part of our growth story.
- Lifelong learning with continuous reflection.
- Independent thinking through a meritocracy of ideas.
- The team is more important than the individual
- Being the best in any market we enter.
- Hiring and keeping only the most effective people.
- Others must benefit from our existence.
At Cobblestone Energy we are on a mission to build the most advanced European electricity trading and analytics platform, with our technology being used by our teams of commercial traders to create significant value. Being a member of our team, you will work on exciting challenges that come with large-scale data processing, automation, and analytics. We work in an agile and highly collaborative environment and challenge the norms of traditional business leadership. We are looking for enthusiastic and resourceful engineers who are passionate about building highly reliable and performance data processing solutions. Developing a strong domain knowledge of our industry over time is key to long term success in this role.
This is a rare opportunity to take a leading role in the growth of a major player in the European Power Markets. We are looking for someone who would be committed to the long-term success of the business. We operate in the European Power markets, but our commercial trading operations are in Dubai, UAE.
If you have excellent programming skills, strong problem-solving skills and a passion for developing/improving applications utilizing cutting edge technologies, then we would like to meet you.
What We Offer In This Role
- A full-time position on our Tech team
- Committed and remarkably talented colleagues
- Highly competitive compensation dependent on performance
- An exciting, challenging and fulfilling career
- An opportunity to work on new things from scratch and make independent decisions.
- Investment in your development to ensure that you always remain the best in business
- Equity participation for strong contributors, ensuring our interests are all aligned long term
- Be a key contributor to tech projects critical for commercial operations
- Write software applications and programs for backend/frontend purposes
- Analyse programs and apps to improve their features and functionalities in collaboration with the commercial teams
- Test & debug programs and fix any reported bugs
- Uphold and live our cultural values
- BS/BE in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related field
- Programming skills in Python language
- Familiarity & Knowledge in front-end technologies such as HTML5, CSS, JQuery, JS, etc
- Strong knowledge of REST APIs and webservices
- Strong knowledge of Relational Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server) and SQL language
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Resilience and a determination to succeed
- Passionate, self-motivated, and fast learner
- Knowledge of at least one popular Python framework (like Django, Flask)
- Programming skills in Java
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of AWS
- Knowledge of data visualization tools, mainly Tableau