Ideqa is a well established Australasian Oracle Cloud Partner specialised in the delivery, integration and support of Oracle Customer Experience (CX) SaaS, PaaS and IaaS solutions. We help organisations transform their business with smart cloud solutions. We have implemented solutions for Australasian businesses in a wide range of industries, including telcos, utilities, education, banking and insurance. Customer Experience is a journey and we are committed to being a partner for the long haul and supporting our clients every step of the way.
We have a small but skilled team who are the key to our success. We are a growing business so there are lots of opportunities for personal development and growth.
To provide valuable and integrated solutions for our clients we take full advantage of the extensibility frameworks available in the Oracle Cloud to fully extend the capability of the solutions we deliver - this includes full stack development and integration to third party systems.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Software Engineer, with technical solution architecture and software development experience, to be an expert and technical lead for solution development and implementations. As we work with many different customers in many different industries you will enjoy variety in the work you are doing. Some of the key areas of the role are:
- Develop end-to-end solution designs for implementations primarily involving Oracle CX and ERP cloud business applications and technologies, following design principles and client’s business outcomes
- Plan, lead and run solution design workshops to assess client’s business, strategic and operational requirements
- Define design principles, and assess different solution options in context of client’s requirements and provide solution recommendations
- Interact with senior client stakeholders and assist them in taking key solution decisions for Oracle implementation programs
- Define the scope of new implementation programs and / or change requests in existing Oracle implementation programs and develop solutions, including technical/functional/process scope, cost, resourcing and schedule, and drafting statements of work
- Advise internal and client teams on best practices for implementations and provide directions to project team for best practices in cloud solutions
- Develop and support web applications, implementing both front-end and back-end technologies and frameworks
- Integrate Oracle Cloud applications with both Oracle and non-Oracle applications, both cloud and on-premise
- Migrate data between Oracle and non-Oracle applications and environments
- Configure and support applications as required
- Lead and participate in test planning, documenting test plans and test conditions
- Perform solution testing, document test results, and assist with defect resolution
- Identify and present new Professional Services opportunities
- Pre-planned after-hours implementations and support is required from time to time
- Maintain time-sheets and record all billable and non-billable work
- Undertake Relevant Certifications relating to Oracle Cloud applications and other required applications
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
As a Lead Software Engineer you will have a background in Solution Engineering or Full Stack Development and have the following relevant qualifications, skills and experience:
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a senior role
- Have performed scoping and estimating activities
- Development during the 5+ years experience working in a variety of the following:
- Back-end web development - Node, PHP
- Web API services, REST
- Databases and SQL-based languages
- Integrating multiple systems via native integrations and custom solutions using APIs
- Cloud computing
- Ability to communicate effectively with the ability to build rapport with team members and clients
- Presentation and Training skills if / when required
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems both on-site and remotely
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Combination of business experience, technical skills, and a willingness to ‘roll up your sleeves’ and get involved in project details
- Team player who will work within the company to continue improving the way we serve our customers
- Ability to travel if needed
Beneficial but not essential
- Experience with cloud applications
- CX, ERP, Content Management, E-Commerce
What Ideqa offers
We offer you a range of things, on top of a competitive package that, collectively, makes for a more valuable and meaningful experience. Here’s just some of what we have to offer:
We love CX
At Ideqa, we’re passionate about everything CX. When you work for us, you’re not just a number, pigeon-holed into a small boring box. We believe in the collaborative power of our people which makes it a pretty special place to work because you get to be a part of everything.
We are all client-facing
We don’t have account managers – all our roles are customer facing so, regardless of the project, everyone in the team gets to work directly with, and provide advice to, our clients which always keeps things fresh and exciting and you learn a lot along the way.
Self-development is part of the gig
Everyone has personal goals and we can help you get there. We provide lots of mentoring opportunities and also spend just as much time nurturing our people’s soft skills, such as communication and business acumen, as we do helping them become even more awesome at their core role skills.
Variety is the spice of life!
We guarantee that your ‘everyday’ at Ideqa will be interesting, varied, challenging and fun! You’ll get to work on a great range of client projects and also enjoy all the benefits that come with us having a close partnership with the juggernaut that is Oracle.
Fun, fun fun!
While our close-knit team may be small, it’s still mighty and full of talented, good-hearted people who love what they do which helps bring out the best in everyone. We have a lot of fun in the office (and outside of it) which is helped along by the fact that we’re located in one of the trendiest parts of the city with some of the best stores, cafes, bars and restaurants on our doorstep.
We’re very conscious of the environment and the impact of our footprint. As part of that, we are just about to move into a cool, new state of the art, enviro office that ticks all the boxes when it comes to being sustainable and doing our bit for the environment.
We also offer lots of mentoring opportunities as well as full Oracle CX training & certification through the Oracle University. There’s also loads of opportunities to grow and pivot across various platforms under the Oracle CX umbrella – from sales, service, marketing, knowledge, commerce, to CMS, BOTs, AI, analytics and integration.
We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer and fully respect the individuality of all applicants without any consideration of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, origin, age or disability status.
Your application will not be assessed if you are not located in New Zealand and have the right to legally work in NZ