Our Mission to be Bold and Impactful
- Opportunity to learn in a fast paced technical environment!
- Work with cutting edge technology
- Collaborate and engage with talented teams!
How you contribute
We have an opening for a junior to intermediate software engineer within the Robotics Group. You will be responsible for general software development for our Robotic Autonomy Stack, covering a broad range of problem domains. This role would suit someone with a love of software engineering as a discipline, and experience developing software in C++, with a focus towards embedded systems.
Here’s what we need
- Contribute to design and implementation of new features, and maintenance of existing functionality
- Contribute to development and maintenance of development, test and simulation tooling
- Collaborate and engage with team members at all stages of the development and delivery process
- Deliver high quality, well tested, and well documented code
How you’ll succeed
- Relevant Engineering or Computer Science degree
- Detailed knowledge of, and experience developing software with modern C++
- Experience developing on Linux platforms
- Experience working with modern source control and CI tools and testing practices
- Knowledge and experience of Robotics or Embedded Systems will be highly regarded (desirable)
- Python development experience (desirable)
- Exposure to ROS or other middleware frameworks (desirable)
- Linux systems development experience (containers, kernel, upgrade) (desirable)
The added perks
- Get a competitive remuneration package including superannuation
- Participate in our employee share option scheme (Equity)
- Work alongside a friendly and passionate team on cutting edge technology! - We know that our success and growth is a result of our motivated and inspiring teams
- Take up our genuine learning and development opportunities
- Settle into our great work environment and facilities
- Chill out and enjoy our loaded kitchen facilities with games, snacks, drinks, fresh fruit and coffee machine provided
- Take advantage of our office location in Milton - Enjoy the bustling cafes and tasty food options available!
- Join in on our fun work events and activities such as 'Funky shirt Fridays!', 'Coffee Club!' and 'Emesent Radio'
- Work in comfort with a casual dress code
- Utilise our secure bike storage and shower facilities offered on-site
- 1 full day of leave, each year for work anniversaries!
Who Are We?
Emesent has built a reputation as the key leader in automating data collection in challenging environments. Our award-winning technology, Hovermap, utilises innovative hardware, advanced algorithms and machine learning to automate collection and analysis of the physical world. Customers are able to acquire data in GPS-denied environments gaining insights that were not possible before. Our rapidly growing customer base are in the fields of mining, infrastructure and survey & mapping.
Starting from a humble vision in Brisbane, Australia, with deep connections to Australia's globally recognised CSIRO, Emesent has made an emerging name for itself across the Globe and is successfully becoming a world leader in this unique industry of autonomous technology!
At Emesent we pride ourselves on the way our people operate, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity, and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds.
Our global talents are a cut above the rest who are at the top of their game, thriving in a collaborative environment. The work culture here is inclusive with the perfect balance of delivering results and pushing the boundaries all whilst having a little fun!