At Auto & General (A&G), we provide great products and services to safeguard our customers in their time of need. Our range of general insurance products protects customers on the road, at home and on holiday with various Car, Motorcycle, Home, Contents, and Pet products as well as Roadside Assistance.
Our culture of ‘high performance with high integrity’ underpins our values and the way we interact with our customers, the community and each other. We’re excited about the future and we’re always on the lookout for talented, passionate individuals who can help us achieve our goal of being Australia’s best insurer! If this sounds like you, apply today.The Role
The Pricing Data Scientist will be responsible for undertaking advanced analytics and data science services to support the Pricing Team. This includes developing and implementing best practice predictive models, exploring the use of new or existing data assets, and providing expert support on process improvements. You will also need to provide advice and report on the impact of key Pricing decisions and operational activities on the portfolio.
To be successful in this role, the Pricing Data Scientist should have an appreciation of traditional Pricing approaches and understand the strengths and weaknesses of alternative approaches. They should be able to demonstrate an innovative approach to problem-solving and possess excellent communication skills that target a non-technical audience.Accountabilities
Knowledge And Experience
- Manage the end-to-end development and implementation of a range of predictive models that support the business to make better decisions.
- Review the modelling process including data preparation, modelling, review, implementation and monitoring as well as make recommendations for continuous improvements.
- Support the Actuarial Team’s approach to technical pricing by developing approaches for more efficient processing of external data, classification of assets or use of available information.
- Evaluate and manage complex changes to models and their implications.
- Create test plans, manage and sign-off testing for all business-wide IT changes that impact pricing.
- 5+ years general insurance industry experience.
- Experience with developing and implementing a range of predictive models for various purposes.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving capability.
- Clear understanding of statistical modelling techniques and, in particular, modern modelling techniques (e.g. machine learning).
- Superior communication skills that include stakeholder management and development of high-quality board papers.
- Familiarity with statistical software packages (e.g. SAS, R, SQL) is advantageous.
- Degree qualified in mathematics, statistics, actuarial studies or similar.
If you are seeking a new challenge and would enjoy the opportunity to work in a growing and changing business, click on the APPLY NOW button and submit your application.
- Location – Our office is conveniently based in Toowong Village shopping centre - a city fringe location with access to retail, restaurants, various parking options and public transport.
- Extra leave - Enjoy additional leave days on us! You’ll receive a paid ‘ME’ day and one paid volunteer leave day annually. Team members can also purchase up to two additional weeks of leave per year.
- Paid parental leave - We support our new parents with paid parental leave and other benefits.
- Workplace giving - If you’re passionate about a cause, then we are too – we offer workplace giving and we’ll dollar-match your donations to registered charities.
- Development opportunities - We’re championing your development with internal programs and access to a wide range of online courses.
- Employee discounts - You’ll receive discounts on Budget Direct insurance products.
- Reward and recognition - We reward high performance with employee recognition, reward and incentive schemes.
- Onsite facilities – There are excellent end-of-trip facilities on offer and private spaces for nursing mothers.
- Get social - Join our vibrant social and community activities including annual celebrations, family fun days and regular events across each of our sites.
- Perks App - Access to an employee benefits and discounts app called ‘Perks’ offering your great discounts, offers and programs across a range of areas.
Auto & General values individual differences and believes in fostering an inclusive culture that creates a great place to work for all.
- A note from Auto & General to recruitment agencies: We politely ask that you avoid making any approaches or sending any unsolicited resumes to our Recruitment Team or Hiring Leaders across our business. Auto & General is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.