About The Role
Reporting to the Data & Analytics Manager, you will lead our newly established data science function with full responsibility for data science strategy and end-to-end delivery. The role presents an opportunity to establish tooling and ways of working in a greenfield environment with a supportive team of skilled Engineers, Developers and Analysts.
You will have access to interesting datasets across customer, loyalty, web, marketing, operations and more.
The role will be commercially focused where you will work directly with stakeholders across a wide range of functions to deliver actionable and impactful insights, models and tools.
- Establish and communicate a clear data science strategy and roadmap
- Establish a set of tools and methodologies that support data science workloads
- Ensure customer privacy is respected and data security best practices are applied.
- Use supporting documentation, visualisations and reporting to inform and influence.
- Deliver models and insights that support improved commercial outcomes across customer segmentation, personalization, churn prediction, customer lifetime value, customer journeys, pricing/promotional effectiveness and market basket analysis.
- Support A/B testing and hypotheses with rigorous measurement and well-structured experiments.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Maths, Stats, Data Science etc.
- Experience in a retail or other B2C environment a must.
- Experience across customer segmentation, personalisation, churn prediction, offer effectiveness, market basket analysis etc.
- Proficient with R or Python and appropriate DS/ML libraries.
- Proficient with a Data Viz tool (Power BI, Tableau).
- Experience with modern data stack/cloud environment.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills adaptable to a wide variety of audiences.
- Demonstrable commercial thinking and history of business impact.
- Ability to independently prioritise tasks and set strategies.
- Flexible and resilient.
Baby Bunting (ASX:BBN) is a purpose-led organisation which is experiencing an exciting period of growth, just over half-way through its store rollout (currently 70 stores with a plan for 110+ in Australia and 10+ New Zealand) and significant investment in transformation.
You Will Also Be Rewarded With Benefits Like These
- We're accelerating our growth across Australia and New Zealand, which will create exciting personal development and career progression opportunities.
- We're making the most of flexible working, driving strong collaboration and supporting our teams virtually and flexibly - work 2 days from home.
- Team discounts
- We have a new Support Centre and National Distribution Centre based in Dandenong South, featuring modern technology and facilities including a team member hub, onsite parking, Basketball court, BBQ area and outdoor Table Tennis.
- Paid parental leave
- Novated lease options available
- You’ll be joining a dynamic, friendly team where you’ll be challenged and supported to achieve personal and business goals.
- A work environment that is highly collaborative, inclusive, and progressive.
Does this sound like the right role for you?
We would love to hear from you. Just submit your CV and answer a few simple application questions.
Looking for more?
Join our Talent Community to stay up to date with our upcoming job opportunities
- Due to the intimate and personal nature of our work, successful applicants will need to undergo a National Police Criminal History check.