Who We Are:
Spawnpoint Media is the leading media production company that creates content and manages massive YouTube channels and media brands in gaming and Minecraft with over 8 million followers, 2 billion views and over 18 thousand years worth of content watched by audiences around the globe!
We strive to maintain the soul, love, joy and personality of children in our content to inspire and support them through teaching positive social, creative and academic skills and values. We believe in empowering people in our team and giving them opportunities for personal growth in an industry they love. We are committed to always provide value back to our audience and our team through high-quality content.
Who You Are
Our team is seeking a skilled and creative Java Game Developer, who can work with our incredible team of Minecraft Set Designers and Java Developers to bring YouTube scripts and storyboards to life in an interactive and exciting way through custom Minecraft Mods.
Your Responsibilities And Skills
Programming and compiling Minecraft: Java Edition mods, following a provided YouTube Script. Broadly speaking, this will include:
- Blocks and Items with custom functionality
- Mobs and Entities with custom functionality and AI
- Custom Minecraft UI
- Custom Minecraft Commands
- Custom gameplay features or limitations in Minecraft
- Custom crafting methods and recipes outside of the default Crafting Table
- Create interesting and unique, functional, gameplay moments and game level design within scripts that engage and interest the audience.
- Work alongside our Set Design team to create mods to aid and assist them bringing scripts to life in the most time efficient and practical way.
- Work with Modelers to bring your code and gameplay mechanics to life.
- Develop mods that are “cool”: appealing and engaging; visually and functionally to the core audiences of the videos, primarily young children.
- Proficient in Java programming language
- Experience in Minecraft Modding either Forge or Fabric
- Full understanding of Minecraft and all game mechanics
- Translate design ideas into functional game code
- Troubleshooting code and fixing bugs
- Understands how to navigate and read through technical documentation online in order to advance one's understanding of the subject matter and/or resolve bugs.
- Ability to meet and understand deadlines.
- Ability to understand feedback and act on it.
Preferable Additional Skills
- Understands what a JSON file is and how to create or edit one (loot tables, tags, etc)
- Experience working in Java Edition/Datapacks/1.17+ Command Syntax/NBT data
- Understands basic Minecraft related development terms, such as entity, datapack, addon, behaviors, components, function, animation controllers, etc
- Understands basic programming logic/design (scoreboard loops, execute if’s, operators, etc).
- Familiar with Blockbench (or Cubik Studio/some other modeling program)
- Familiar with Aseprite, Paint.net, Photoshop, or some other form of editing software.
- Attractive Remuneration
- Spawn Points KPI bonus Program
- Training & Development
- Career Progression
If you’re excited to develop some of the most-loved content on the internet and bring smiles to millions of children across the globe; whilst working alongside a highly skilled and fun-loving team; passionate about all things YouTube and gaming, then what are you waiting for? We really love working here, and we think you will too! Apply now!