Generative AI Common Platform Engineer Lead
Are you looking for career move that will allow to take a strategic project zero to one? Then bring your extensive coding experience and passion for change and be part of the team building a green-field development at scale.
By joining Citi’s Common Platform Engineering team, you will be a founding member of the team creating the Generative AI platform for Citi. Our remit encompasses large scale engineering challenges on-premise and on cloud, along with cutting edge use of LLMs to address the use-cases of our users across the bank.
You will be joining us right at the beginning of our journey. Although your role will see you lead a team of technical engineers, due to the start-up nature of the team you will be actively coding. So, we need innovative and creative leaders who have had previous experience in developing large-scale platforms involving data, finance, and analytics.
What you’ll do will be very case and experience driven, but here are some essentials:
- Lead a small highly technical team
- Design and build high-quality, highly reliable software
- Partner closely with other development teams, quants and subject-matter experts in our businesses
- Ensure our software platforms are compliant with Citi's security and SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) processes
- Run the platform at scale and continue innovating and evolving
- Mentor and nurture other engineers to help them grow their skills and expertise
What we’ll need from you:
- Proven experience as a Engineering Lead, hands on Software Engineering Manager, or similar role
- Experienced in and strong knowledge of using AI/ML and more particularly LLMs eager to apply this rapidly changing technology
- Strong knowledge and deep experience of Python
- Strong distributed systems skills and knowledge
- Strong system architecture skills
- Experienced in building and running a large platform at scale
- Knowledge of Go, Java or other modern languages
- Good Knowledge of Kubernetes, Kafka, REST-ful design
- Development experience of at least one public cloud provider
What we’ll provide you
This is a unique role that will put you in the position to be part of a new venture and actively drive change. Every day there will be new challenges that will help you develop new skills that can drive your career.
Citi is committed to ensuring our workplace is where everyone feels comfortable coming to work as their whole self, every day. We want the best talent around the world to be energized to join us, motivated to stay and empowered to thrive.
If you are actively coding, have a passion for Generative AI and want to be part of developing and leading a brand-new team – then apply today.
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Salary Range -
170,880.00 - 256,320.00 USD Annual
Job Family Group:
New York New York United States
Primary Location Salary Range:
$170,880.00 - $256,320.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting