- Do you want to join a Blockchain scale-up?
- Help to lead their Engineering function.
- Hybrid role – x2 days a week in the office.
Do you want to work for a leading and innovative web3 software company. You’ll be joining and leading an expert team of engineers creating cutting-edge solutions for innovative clients in a variety of sectors. Some of their clients include Shell Algorand Chainlink and Ledger.
They are building a new generation of decentralised solutions and products working through some of the most interesting technical problems in this field such as data privacy identity and wallet management smart contract design advanced cryptography (incl. zero knowledge proofs secure multi party computation and trusted execution environments) and data security.
What you’ll be doing:
As the Head of Engineering you will be responsible for leading and managing their engineering teams driving the technical standards and strategy and ensuring the successful delivery of their software solutions. You will play a key role in shaping the way the company delivers technology collaborating closely with cross-functional teams and contributing to the overall growth and success of the business.
Key Responsibilities –
- Establish disseminate and maintain engineering best practices processes and standards.
- Unite technology strategy and implementation across projects.
- Unite tooling analytics and reporting across projects.
- Unite devops build and testing across projects.
- Oversee solution architectures and technical designs in projects ensuring that consistent solutions are delivered meeting all of the non-functional requirements (e.g. security scalability and performance maintainability).
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to the engineering teams fostering a culture of innovation collaboration and continuous improvement.
- Manage and mentor a team of talented engineers promoting their growth and development.
- Collaborate with product managers designers and stakeholders to define and prioritise engineering initiatives.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and advancements evaluating and implementing new technologies as appropriate.
- Act as a key technical resource providing guidance and expertise on complex technical issues drawing on extensive past experience.
What experince you’ll need to apply:
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a startup organisation with a rapidly expanding team and customer base.
- Strong technical background managing large engineering teams delivering high quality solutions into demanding production environments.
- Experience setting and implementing technology standards across an engineering organisation.
- Expertise in blockchain technology and decentralised solutions. In-depth knowledge of data privacy identity management smart contract design advanced cryptography and data security.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills inspiring and motivating teams to achieve their best.
- Experience with agile methodologies and modern software development practices.
- Experience as a software developer for more than 7 years.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities with a strategic mindset.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills fostering cross-functional teamwork.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science Engineering or a related field.
- High professional integrity leading by example.
What you’ll get in return for your experience:
My client are offering a competitive salary (up to £140000) for this role combined with a benefits package that includes:
- £1000 annual allowance for training (up to 50% of this value can be used for you to buy workstation equipment to work from home).
- 5 days/per year for training.
- In-person fun team events/team buildings every 3 months (some in Portugal).
- Company laptop (Mac) equipment and onboarding kit.
- Annual Bonus (dependent on company and personal performance).
- Stock Option Plan.
- Your Birthday off.
- Amazing referral programme.
Keen to hear more? Apply with your CV or get in touch with Gareth to find out more