Nillion is a web3 infrastructure project based on a novel cryptographic innovation called Nil Message Compute (see presentation at Cambridge University). The new technology enables Information-Theoretic Secure decentralized data storage and computation.
As reported by TechCrunch, Nillion raised $25 million at a $180 million valuation in the midst of the bear market of 2022 - the highest valuation for a Seed Round reported in Q4-2022. The project has attracted some of the top talent in tech, including the Founding Engineer of Uber (Conrad Whelan), Founder of Indiegogo (Slava Rubin), Associate General Counsel of Coinbase (Lindsay Danas Cohen), Co-Founder of Hedera Hashgraph (Andrew Masanto) and several other high profile team members. The project has also won several industry awards, including the CoinList Seed Program (see CoinList Tweet here) and Polygon Co-Founder’s Web3 Accelerator Program, Beacon.
Nillion is bringing to life fast, permissionless, decentralized secure storage and private computation that fundamentally improves the way that data is processed, analyzed and shared. The protocol is looking for talented engineers to join its team in building that vision.
As a Decentralized Infrastructure Engineer at Nillion you will architect, design, build, test and deploy all architecture related to the Nillion NMC Network. Our goal is to get the Nillion Network to a dynamic permissionless state and break new ground in decentralized technology. This role will be hands on engineering as we are bringing to life a new security, storage and computation model for private data across a decentralized publicly accessible network, meaning expertise across all areas of computer science will be needed to make it happen.
We are a remote-first organization looking to build an engineering team primarily focused on European and US East Coast time zones. Some travel may be required, but only occasionally.Requirements
Nice to have
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- 3+ years experience working with one or more of the existing Blockchain Technologies e.g. Ethereum (or other EVMs), Solana, Polkadot
- 5+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, C#, Go or Rust
- Experience with blockchain/DLT development frameworks like Cosmos SDK, Substrate and Hyperledger, or equivalent experience building layer 2 infrastructure like rollups
- 3 years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience running blockchain nodes
- Experience with blockchain infrastructure systems (e.g. Oracles, Bridges, RPCs)
- Experience writing smart contracts (e.g. in Solidity, Vyper, Rust, etc)
- Experience with Rust, Golang, node.js
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes/Openshift technologies
- Experience with Terraform for infrastructure-as-code
- Knowledge and understanding of cryptocurrency markets, ecosystem and ethos
- Experience in financial markets/software / DeFi
- Knowledge and experience in the design and development of distributed cryptographic principles and protocols (e.g. ZKP or SMPC)
- Experience building and operating online services and fault-tolerant distributed systems at scale
We offer the following perks as part of employment with Nillion:
- Flexible working hours to accommodate lifestyles and a globally distributed team
- Competitive compensation package
- Make a big impact as a early contributor to an incredible founding team
- Work on new problems in an incredible emerging and dynamic field
- Learn from systems engineering, cryptography and product domain experts in a mentorship-oriented work culture
- You don’t need to be in an office or at a desk to have an impact anymore! We are fully remote, but value regular meet-ups
In summary, if you are interested in web3 infrastructure, innovation, new technology, and are interested in working with a high-caliber team, please apply. Nillion is committed to shaping a better world in all that they do. Their global team is built based on respect, inclusivity, diversity and excellence.
For more information on either the technology or company, there are several lectures at leading universities about the project such as Oxford University, Cambridge University, New York University, Columbia, and MIT. You can also visit Nillion’s early website at www.nillion.com.