At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where 'Health for all Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Data Scientist Intern
This individual will work collaboratively with interdisciplinary scientists, IT, and engineering professionals across the organization to apply modern AI/ML techniques to answer sustainability related questions and support the development of sustainability-focused product concepts. They foster new game changing ideas to apply the latest in AI/ML modeling technology to produce new, sophisticated, insights from existing sustainability data sets. In addition, they work on a team as an individual contributor with other Data Scientists.Your Tasks And Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role are to:
Who You Are
- Provide technical contributions in a fast-paced team environment to accelerate our efforts to apply the latest AI/ML techniques to develop novel sustainability-focused product concepts.
- Independently perform statistical analyses, computer programming, predictive modeling and experimental design.
- Build cross functional relationships to collaboratively partner with the business and effectively network within the local Data Science Community.
- Use advanced mathematical models, machine learning algorithms, AI models, operations research techniques, and strong business acumen to deliver insight, recommendations, and solutions.
- Independently analyze existing data sets both from within Breeding and from partner organizations.
- Develop sustainable, consumable, accurate, and impactful reporting on model inputs, model outputs, observed outputs, business impact, and key performance indicators.
- Present compelling, validated stories to peers, managers, including senior management, and internal customers to drive both strategic and operational changes in business.
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values, more specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following: Required Qualifications:
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or other quantitative disciplines.
- Strong background in Machine learning with an expertise in many of the following areas: tree based methods, monte carlo simulations, stochastic modeling, estimation and prediction, recommender systems, boosting and bagging techniques. Bayesian analysis, deep learning, reinforcement learning, large language models, transformers, mathematical optimization.
- Experience in applying Machine learning/optimization towards solving large scale real world problems.
- 2 years of experience with at least one of the following: R, Python, Java, Scala, or C/C
- 1 year of experience with scikit learn and pandas (or equivalent tools)
- 1 year of experience with languages used for querying data (e.g. Hive/Pig/SQL) and/or experience with Infrastructure as a service such as AWS and Google cloud
- Creative, proactive, bold and out-of-box thinking
- Proven ability to communicate complex qualitative analysis in clear, precise and actionable manner
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, leading & influencing people at varying levels of responsibility
- Experience within genetics/the agricultural industry is an asset
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Bayer is an E-Verify Employer.Location:
United States : Missouri : ChesterfieldDivision:
Crop ScienceReference Code: