Ko wai mātou? Who are we?
Kia ora – we are DETA. Today more businesses are recognising the reality of climate change. Taking action on carbon is becoming a key differentiator for Aotearoa New Zealand businesses. DETA is a young, dynamic, and responsive organisation partnering with some of Aotearoa New Zealand’s largest businesses to identify, develop and deliver fundamental operational changes that are required to make transition to a low, or zero, carbon operation. We deliver services from business cases, to detailed design, through to project delivery. Essentially, we provide professional services to optimise business processes, drive improved performance and deliver lasting business value. We are committed to Aotearoa's unique dual culture/heritage and want to build a better tomorrow for our country.
Our Reason for Being - Creatively engineering the world we need.
Me mahi tahi tātou kia puāwai ai i te ao - Through unity and collaboration, the whole world will prosper
He aha te whiwhinga mahi? What’s the opportunity?
DETA has offices in Ōtautahi/Christchurch, Te Whanganui-a-Tara/Wellington, Tauranga Moana/Tauranga and on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Australia.
You would be working with much autonomy but provided with the support and input that you need to succeed. You would be partnering with a range of client stakeholders in the dairy, food, manufacturing, and industrial processing sectors. Your Project Management expertise will be focused on
- Take full project life cycle ownership: successfully deliver projects from scoping and objective development, through to commissioning for one major or several minor projects simultaneously.
- Manage and deliver assigned projects in line with project documentation, delivering successful projects on time and to budget.
- Complete options analysis, feasibility studies and business case development in line with the client’s company strategies.
- Management of the tender process and contract award and management
- Development and management of project controls using formal processes.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors during the execution of projects.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule, and costs.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders with support of a senior project manager.
From time to time you will carry out training and coaching activities for members of the project delivery team. Duties include visiting/working on a range of industrial sites, facilitating project delivery for one major or several smaller scale projects, or managing a programme of work for a client.
Register your expression of interest if you have
What to do next
- A tertiary level qualification related to technical project delivery (engineering, project management, construction management or a related technical discipline)
- Proven project delivery experience, and ability to manage all aspects of multiple related projects.
- Experience on industrial and manufacturing sites, ideally with projects of a multi-disciplinary nature.
- Broad knowledge of construction contracts and standards (NZ3910/16, FIDIC)
- Strong communication & influencing skills
- Solid analytical and MS Excel skills
- Enthusiasm and a passion for your work
- A clean, valid driver’s license and flexibility for overnight travel
Send us an expression of interest
online today or email an enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about DETA Consulting please visit https://www.talenthive.nz/deta-consulting