OCTO-Artificial Intelligence Engineer (718804)
200 I street SE Washington DC 20003 (ONSITE)
$105/hr on W2
District of Columbia
The position functions as an Information Technology Specialist who serves as an AI Engineer responsible for establishing and maintaining a scalable infrastructure to support the deployment and operations of AI applications. This includes working with DC Government agencies to understand the required scale and expected usage of AI applications to support long term operations.
- Creates and maintains cloud infrastructure to support AI applications and tools.
- Optimizes and enhances performance of AI and ML models and algorithms for efficient execution and scalability.
- Integration and deployment of AI systems and applications into existing software frameworks or platforms.
- Define APIs and protocols for communication between AI systems and external services.
- Implement and maintain feature engineering, model training, and model monitoring pipelines using Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
- Identifies technology products and solutions to assist with data governance including data management, cataloging, classification, quality, and lineage.
- Monitors system performance and troubleshoots issues such as system failures, performance degradation or data inconsistencies.
- Follow industry best practices on AI/ML and share knowledge with other team members.
- Contributes to committees and groups focused on data governance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge Required By The Position
- Expertise with Microsoft Azure Cloud platform.
- Expertise with scaling cloud infrastructure to support high usage applications.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure OpenAI.
- Experience deploying AI and ML models and applications to production environments.
- Experience with load testing applications and configuring environments to support use under heavy loads.
- Expertise with MLOps and model automation tools.
- Knowledge of data security, ethics, and bias issues with AI systems.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team.
CONTRACT JOB DESCRIPTION
- Demonstrates expertise in conveying technical and functional concepts for a specific technical specialty.
- Identifies improvements to project standards to achieve high quality services/products.
- Identifies best practices and standards for the use of the product.
- Delivers support and design for industry specific technologies that require integration with systems or networks.
- Interacts with executive level business users or technical experts.
- Functions as a niche technical SME.
- Lead experience with technical expertise across large, complex implementations for systems.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience